The colored tattoo looks more outstanding, plus it requires more attention to the color won’t fade. It’s important to know how to take care of a colored tattoo. You need to take care of your tattoo right after you get it. Your skin needs at least 45 days to recover from the damage of a colored tattoo.
How To Take Care Of A Colored Tattoo You Just Got
Aftercare rituals start after you get your tattoo on your skin.
You know that the pain during tattooing process is just the beginning. You will feel the pain during the healing stages for about one to two weeks. Here are the tips for you to take care of your colored tattoo that you just got:
- Within two hours after leaving the tattoo studio, you need to remove the bandage covering your tattoo. You can’t leave it any longer, or else it will stick to your skin and will be harder to remove.
- Next, wash your hand with soap and Then, wash your colored tattoo with lukewarm water and mild soap. Choosing mild soap is a must to avoid abrasive ingredients. Rinse the tattoo with clean and lukewarm water.
- Next, you need to dry your skin by patting it using the soft towel. Wait about a minute then apply antibiotic ointment over your colored tattoo. You need to apply it in a thin layer since applying it too much will lead to greasy skin.
- Next, you can wipe some off with clean paper towel. Then, leave it as it is and avoid re-bandage. Your skin needs to breathe so it’s better to leave it without a bandage. You just need to make sure to keep your skin clean.
How To Take Care Of A Colored Tattoo From Fading
It often happens that the colored tattoo you just got from tattoo shop is fading too drastically within weeks. So how to prevent it?
- It’s important to follow the aftercare direction given by your tattoo artists.
- Make sure that what you use for the aftercare are clean and mild.
- Don’t switch to different products carelessly.
- Avoid picking and scratching any scabs.
- Wear loose clothing.
- Avoid tanning at least 10 to 14 days.
If you follow the aftercare process well, your colored tattoo will look brighter and vibrant because your skin is healthy. That’s how to take care of a colored tattoo.